One concern when it comes to getting carpets cleaned is the worry of a long drying time. We often get asked, “how long does it take carpets to dry after cleaning?” We have the answer! Carpet cleaning and steaming is essential in the upkeep of your home. Trust Steamaway Carpet Cleaning of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho to make the process as seamless as possible.
How Long Does It Take Carpets to Dry After Cleaning?
Typically, most carpets take 6-12 hours to dry, but the time varies depending on factors such as size and soil level. With Steamaway Carpet Cleaning’s unique, state-of-the-art 300 degree steam cleaning method, dry times are actually cut in half compared to our competitors! We utilize water softeners along with a neutralizing rinse agent at no additional cost to ensure the best experience possible. Our pre-spotting efforts help target problem areas with ease.
After our specialized cleaning process, please watch your footing, as walking from damp carpeting onto adjacent wood or tile floors may cause them to be slick immediately after cleaning. We also ask that you refrain from rearranging furniture for at least 48 hours after cleaning to minimize incidence of varnish stains on the clean carpet. Occasionally, carpet will bubble or ripple after cleaning. This should dissipate as the carpet dries. It may take up to 2 to 3 days for the carpet to fully restore back to its original format.
How To Dry Carpets Quicker
While there is no guarantee that you can speed up the drying process, here are a few suggestions to get your carpets to dry faster:
- Fans: Try turning on your ceiling fan or utilizing any fans in your house aimed at the carpet to speed up the process. High powered oscillating fans are ideal, but any fan will do.
- Dehumidifiers: Carpet takes longer to dry in humid rooms. Turning on a dehumidifier soaks up the moisture from the room to dry quicker.
- Open Windows: Depending on the weather, opening windows for some fresh air circulation is an option. Hot, dry days are best!
- Air Conditioning: Turning on your AC lowers the temperature in the room while removing moisture from the air.
- Frequent Cleaning: The dirtier the carpet, the more water and steam used to clean! With regular or seasonal cleanings, it makes the cleaning process quicker, therefore the drying process speeds up as well.
Wondering “how long does it take carpets to dry after cleaning?” Don’t let long dry times stop you! Steamaway Carpet Cleaning is here to help with fast-drying carpet cleaning in the Albuquerque and Rio Rancho areas. We are proud to service Albuquerque, Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Corrales, Sandia Park, Tijeras and Edgewood. Schedule a FREE consultation today!